Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Honeybee face and body painting!

When you have multiple passions in life, they are bound to overlap now and then.

I work as a face and body artist, and often times I mix that with my love of bees! If you pop over to my other Paintertainment business blog, you'll see that this year I've been posting a painting every day, that coincides with whatever national or international day it is.  Well, "International Honeybee day" is coming up on August 19th, so I did this little painting on my leg today for that!


Back in July was "Don't step on a bee day," so I painted a smashed bee on the bottom of my foot!


I also did a honeybee themed design for a spring themed online competition a while back, and won first place! Here's that design on myself...

Here's another little cheek art design I did this year...I love doing cartoony cheek designs!

I also do henna! Below is a honeycomb design I did on myself!
 And no, this is NOT dangerous black henna...just looks dark in this photo in my dark living room with the Instagram filter! ;-)

So, who knows, maybe someday I'll get to do a honeybee themed full bodypainting! Until then, I'll incorporate them into whatever I can!

As for the bees, we're planning to check on them next week.  Hopefully they are busy filling and capping honey in the supers so we can take them off next week, and let them focus on filling up their stores for winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment