Thursday, September 7, 2017

Minnesota State Fair!

If you live in Minnesota, you have to go to the state fair. And if you are a beekeeper, you of course have to check out the honey and bee exhibits!

 
As an artist as well, I of course love to check out all the bee themed art! This year it was SO fun to see this gorgeous piece, done by my very talented niece, Lucia!!

And speaking of art, inside the Honey and Bee building there is a painting that has been hanging there for as long as I can remember, painted by my mom, of my dad! 
Painting by my mom Rollie Brandt of my dad, Phil Brandt
Mom says, "Yup a professor bought that original for $100 and donated it to the fair. They hang it every year! That was back before Dad could afford a full bee suit! He just had the hat!" We always stop and check out Dad hanging on the wall in the bee building!


It's always such a cool sight to see all the beautiful jars of honey on display!

 Gotta pose in the photo cutout boards....awe, my boys are such good sports!



Next year I hope to actually enter some art in the fair! This year I was out of town on entry day, so hopefully 2018 will work out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment