Monday, November 20, 2017

Honey Extracting Day 2017!

We extracted honey on November 18th! I know, it's pretty late to be getting to extracting but we stowed away the supers right before my dad went on a 2 month road trip! So, now that he's back we got to harvest the fruits of our labor!

I was there for a little over 5 hours, and when I left there was still honey to be strained. The strainer was getting clogged often and had to be cleaned, dried, and replaced, so that part took a while.  But, we harvested probably 4 times what we did last year so it was a great year!

Here's a video of what we did!

I also didn't blog about one other visit I made to the bees last week...I went in and gave them some winter patties.  Crossing our fingers they make it through the winter! I'd LOVE to be able to split a hive next spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment